Certainly, for many golfers, financial and professional conditions do not allow you to spend too much time on golf. So for optimal golf, you can immediately refer to the instructions on how to play golf below.
- 1 Warm-up before playing golf
- 2 Game rules for beginners
- 3 Instructions on how to play golf correctly
- 4 Basic golf tips when practicing
- 5 The calculation of points in the 18-hole golf rule
- 6 Notable change in the latest basic golf rules 2020
- 7 Conclusion
Warm-up before playing golf
Like any sport, it is important to warm up before you start playing golf. The right warm-up not only helps you stay at your best but also reduces the risk of training injuries.
According to experts, the easiest way to start up in golf is 5 minutes of exercise, brisk jogging combined with light jumps. This will help your body sweat; your muscles are hot enough and ready for the next step.
- Start with the Sand Wedge with a few half swing moves until ¾ swing and gradually lift the full arm swing.
- Continue to repeat the half swing until the swing is full with the number of irons in the bag. Note the player should start with the sequence from the largest kilometer to the end.
- Then move on to the wooden club, which requires the player to swing harder than the iron and finally the driver club.
- Once the warm-up and finish with a straight kick has been completed, the fairway on the training ground should be ready for a round ahead.
Game rules for beginners
According to experts, the golf competition goal is quite simple, golfers only need to control the golf club to put the ball from the tee into the hole with as few strokes as possible.
Number of players
Regarding players, the golfer can play individually and play in the form of a tournament. Players in groups of 3 or 4 compete against each other. Besides, in some other cases, there is also a team tournament. The most typical example of players is in the Ryder Cup between Europe and the United States. There will be 12 players per team competing with each other in this framework in 1 single match, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2.
Instruments permitted for use in golf will also be tightly controlled from club style and style to the size and shape of the grooves in the clubface. Along with that, the exact weight and aerodynamics of the ball will also be carefully considered.
Specifically, players are only allowed to bring 14 sticks when going on the field. Players can wear gloves and use tees and small pegs to raise their shot at any hole.
Three basic types of golf clubs that players are allowed to bring to the court include:
- Wood: Wooden stick, symbol W, helps hit the furthest ball.
- Iron: The iron, symbol I, provides a medium polish.
- Putter: Pusher, symbol P, helps to polish viscous.
Each club will have its symbol, for example, 2w, 3w, 6i, 8i. The smaller the number, the greater the range of the stick. Accordingly, the golfer should base on the long-range and strength to choose the right stick model.
Instructions on how to play golf correctly
Following the warm-up step, players will be instructed in detail on how to hold the club and hit the ball correctly. Specifically:
The player begins in a prepared position with his left shoulder tilted away from the ball and his left hand in a straight line from the handle. Then slowly relax your hand, looking straight at the ball while placing the ball at the lowest position compared to the swinging trajectory.
How to hold a golf club
In addition to the preparation posture, the standard way of holding the golf club is also a decisive factor in the player’s success or failure. Therefore, when playing golf, players need to follow the following instructions for holding the club:
- The golf club should be placed diagonally on the finger of the left hand.
- The handle spontaneously wraps around the handle so that the thumb combined with the index finger forms a V-shape, aligned with the left shoulder and the logo on the club handle and clubface.
- The right-hand part is also performed as the left hand but in the opposite position.
Basic golf tips when practicing
In addition to grasping technique, golf tips will also help players to cope with unexpected situations on the pitch easily. Specifically:
Focusing on where you want to hit your ball and aligning the shot properly, such as left / right, long or short, is one of the must-notes in golf gameplay that players need to know.
Flexibility in changing golf clubs: In a match, a player should not use only one club for multiple strokes. Because this will not help you overcome the pitfalls of the golf course, on the other hand, the clubs are designed differently to serve each fixed field, so if you do not change flexibly, the player will be difficult to achieve the desired score.
Wait until the ball has stopped moving before you can make your next shot. This will help you to maintain a consistent preparation posture while avoiding a missed situation.
In addition to technical factors, players also need to equip themselves with a basic understanding of golf rules and how to behave on the course. This will help you become polite and show respect for golf and other players on the course.
The calculation of points in the 18-hole golf rule
The most common method of scoring today is based on the total number of strokes a person takes to put the ball in the hole. This score is usually presented in the form of Par. If a beginner player has a zero-tolerance score, a certain number of holes must be completed. And with 1 shot, it is said to have a kick and 2 shots to the surrounding area called Green.
Under this rule, the player who completes the hole with fewer tee shots will win that hole. The final winner will be the winner with the most holes.
Depending on the scoring method, the winner will be the winner with lots of holes or a few strokes to complete all the rounds.
Also, there are Stableford, skins, and many other scoring methods, but these are mainly intended for amateur play.
Notable change in the latest basic golf rules 2020
In 2020, a new basic golf rule will be introduced as proposed by USGA and R&A organizations. This has made golf easier to understand and provides good support for players, especially amateur golfers, who are new to the game.
Here are 10 key points in the new 2020 golf law that golfers need to understand how to play golf:
- The time for finding lost balls is reduced to 3 minutes.
- If the Golfer is in a situation to drop the ball, he must drop the ball from knee-height instead of vertical and shoulder-level as before.
- There is a penalty of 1 stroke for touching the ball twice with the same stroke.
- Eliminate the penalty when the ball accidentally moves to the green if the player is sure they are not the agent.
- There is no penalty if the player fixes the marker on the green or moves the artificial obstructions.
- Besides, according to local rules (which do not apply to professional tournaments), players will be allowed to choose one of two options: Penalty or distance. Players may drop the ball in the area near where they have lost the ball or the OB area but incur a penalty of 2 strokes.
- In the new golf rule, a player will be able to use defective or damaged clubs if the golfer is the one to cause the damage.
- A double hit of the ball is a regular occurrence on the field, so the 2020 rule has eliminated the penalty for the foul, but it will still be counted as 1 official stroke.
Above are all the basic instructions on how to play golf that we have compiled for you to read. Hopefully, with this information, players will understand more about golf techniques, golf rules, and complex terminology of this noble sport.
Read more :